Sonas Denim Blog

Welcome to Sonas San Francisco! We're on a mission to bring you the sexiest, best fitting most stylish jeans in the world.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chapter 2 - School's out - Thank God For That :)

After leaving school in 1992 and doing terrible in my leaving cert exams (similar to your A level's or high school final
exams) I talked my way into a local college called " The Rathmines Tech" this place was not your typical college or university. A lot of people were there to repeat their leaving cert exams or just there to do a one year course that didn't require a high grade level or they were there just to waste a year and figure out what they wanted to do with their lives.
Either way, no one really gave a F*$K. I enrolled into a computer and business studies class. To be honest I had actually no interest in ever going to college or taking a course but my mum always wanted me to get a certificate or diploma in something. She always said, "That's one thing that can never be taken away from you" Word of wisdom
from my mother, thanks Mum :)


I didn't think that I'd be accepted, because I had failed my leaving cert but somehow I talked my way in or the professors/teachers at the admission desk felt sorry for me, either way I got in :)
I have no idea how I did it, but I passed the one year course and came out with a Certificate in "Business and Computers Studies". Not bad considering I still had no idea how to work a computer or had any business skills whatsoever. 
Mind you, I did meet some great people there, and we ended up spending most of our time in a bar called "Streets" in Rathmines, drinking cider, smoking cigarettes, and talking shit with other students from other colleges nearby who were also skipping class.

Cheers Guys, till next time :)

Gerry Kelly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment